Monday, April 13, 2015

The Bankhead "Bridge To Nowhere" in music videos

The old Bankhead Avenue / Highway "Bridge to Nowhere" near Marietta Street continues to hold an odd fascination for many Atlantans. There is even a Yelp page dedicated to it! In the '80s and '90s it was a popular location for bands wanting to add a little extra industrial grit and urban edge to their music videos and promo photos. I thought it would be fun to post some of them here.

Thanks to Lloyd Bank for pointing out this 1991 video I'd never seen before, "Exclusivity" by Damian Dame. The scene with the bridge starts at about 1:19.




The bridge looks like it was still open to traffic in this video by Michelle Malone and Drag The River. I'm guessing this was 1989 or 1990.




Here is the mighty Hell's Kitchen posing in that desolate wasteland that was once the west side. That handsome man with the smiley-face shirt is my cousin Jay. Hopefully he won't mind me posting this here.



Know of any other videos or vintage band photos featuring the Bridge To Nowhere? By all means, let me know and I'll add them to this collection!

5 comments:

  1. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commentators here!
    Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am poor and needy please help me click on link and view 5 second ad. click here If you click on link 3 times times it will more help.please help me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete